- What Personal Information do we collect?
"Personal Information" means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained,
The types of Personal Information we may collect include your full name, contact details (such as your residential address, telephone number and email address),
date of birth, tax file number, your financial details and interests and the products and services we have provided to you.
We collect Personal Information when you:
- visit our website (Website) to read or download information;
- contact one of our directors or employees by telephone or email;
- make an enquiry about our products or services; or
- become one of our clients
Sometimes, we may need to collect Personal Information about individuals who are not our customers (for example, business contact details of a company representative with whom we deal or your representative or agent, such as your accountant).
Generally, we will not collect sensitive information about you (such as your race, political or religious beliefs or your health) unless for some reason we need to do so in order to provide you with our products or services.
If we do need sensitive information, we will seek your consent when we collect the information (unless an exemption applies).
Where you do not provide us with Personal Information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the full scope of our services and products.
How is Personal Information collected and stored?
This depends on how you deal with us and the products and services you might request from us.
We may collect Personal Information about you from an application form or verbally if you call us or speak directly with our staff.
In addition, if you access the Website, this will mean that we will collect Personal Information electronically.
Some of our pages on the Website use "cookies", which are small files that may be placed on your hard disk for record-keeping purposes.
Cookies helps us remember who you are and may collect and store your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages viewed and any
downloads made. Cookies can make your subsequent visits to the Website simpler and more efficient. We may also use the information to assist in
improving the Website, marketing and product development.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
(However, by not accepting cookies, some pages on the Website may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.)
A server cannot find out a name or email address, or anything about you by using cookies.
Cookie information is not stored or collected by us. Once we receive information from you, via email or any other means, the information is stored in a secure environment.
Paradice takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information it holds from loss and unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
How do we use Personal Information collected by us?
We use Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected. These purposes are:
- providing you with the relevant products or services requested;
- manage our relationship with you;
- managing and administering your investments;
- communicating with you about your investments;
- if you have requested it, sending you information about us and our products and services;
- the development of our products and services;
- marketing and research;
- statistical purposes;
- improving the content of the Website;
- general internal purposes; and
- general product development.
If you would like to stop receiving communications from us, please contact our Privacy Officer (details below).
If it is no longer necessary for us to have your Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy
it in a secure manner or remove identifying features from it. This is subject to any legal obligation we have to keep Personal Information
for a specific period of time.
Will Personal Information be disclosed?
Personal Information collected from you will only be used to send commercial electronic messages if express or inferred consent has been obtained.
In some circumstances, however, Personal Information may be disclosed outside Paradice. For example:
- for legal reasons, disclosures may need to be made to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors;
- in some circumstances, Personal Information is disclosed to third parties where this is related to the supply of our products or services. If we make
disclosures of this kind, you will be advised of these disclosures at the time you request us to supply you with our products or services.
- disclosures to third parties may be necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a Paradice employee, another Paradice customer, or any member of the public of Paradice; and
- disclosures to third parties may be required where some or all of the assets and operation of the business are or may be transferred to another party by way of sale or some or all of Paradice's business.
Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties to whom we contract out specialised functions, such as mailing houses and printing companies.
If so, we take steps to ensure that those contractors comply with the Privacy Act, and are authorised only to use Personal Information
in order to perform the functions required by us.
How do I access and correct my Personal Information?
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which we hold about you. However, there are some exceptions to this.
You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Our policy is to consider any
requests for access or correction in an appropriate and timely fashion.
In order to provide you with access to your Personal Information, we ordinarily would provide you with a hard copy print-out of the relevant Personal Information from our current databases, or with photocopies of records which are held only on current paper files.
or if you wish to access or correct your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer. See paragraph 10 below for the Privacy Officer's
What about Security and Transborder Data Flow?
As mentioned we will use reasonable steps to maintain a secure system for storing Personal Information.
Technological and operational policies and procedures are in place to protect Personal Information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised
modification or disclosure. However, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information
transmitted to us (e.g. by email) and you do so at your own risk.
Do you use Government Identifiers?
We do not use tax file numbers, Medicare numbers or any other Government identifier for the purposes of identifying clients with products or services. The only circumstances in which we may collect such information is where we are required by law to do so.
What about the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006
In order to comply with this legislation, in most cases, we must now obtain, verify and record Personal Information that verifies clients
who wish to invest using our services. The Personal Information collected for this specific purpose includes your full name, date of birth and
residential address. We are obliged by law to store this information for a minimum of seven years. The Personal Information collected for the purposes
of this legislation will not be disclosed to any third party unless:
- we have obtained your consent and informed you of the receipients of your Personal Information to, or
- if we are obliged to disclose your Personal Information by law.
What about links and references to Third Party Websites?
The Website may contain links and references to third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on these third party websites as they may differ from ours.
How do I contact your Privacy Officer?
Please contact our Privacy Officer, Lucinda Hill if you:
- would like us to stop sending you communcations;
- wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your Personal information; or
- would like to access or correct your Personal Information held by us.
Our Privacy Officer, Lucinda Hill, can be contacted at: